W4, 2

W4, 1

W4, 3

W4, 4

W4, 5

W4, 6

W4, 7

I’m going to let the pictures do most of the talking today because I’m feeling whiny, negative, and tired.

A friend once described the end of a relationship as a death by paper cuts. I’m appropriating that description to describe the source of my mood. Just a bunch of little things picking at me over a long seven days. But my pictures prove that at one point everyday I found something worth remembering, so it couldn’t have been that bad.

Perspective, Jules. Perspective.

Song of the Week

Romance in Durango | Bob Dylan

800px-Joan_Baez_Bob_Dylan

Joan Baez and Bob Dylan during the civil rights “March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom,” August 28, 1963. Look at his thumbnail. {shudder}

Comments

1. Suzanne says

The flowers in bloom are a welcome sight since it’s 5 degrees here right now. Hopefully things have shifted since you posted and you are feeling better.

2. Ahuva says

I bought new bedding for our bedroom. This week I went through our linen closet, and got out 5 sets of bedding, we no longer use. In fact I don’t think they’ve been used in the past two years. They’re already in the trunk, on the way to good-will. Yesterday I saw the half empty shelves in the linen closet, and smiled. You inspired me, and that’s great!

Perspective, indeed. I look forward to your WMP updates for the sole reason of the pictures. I see each one individually throughout the week on Instagram but the compilation on the big screen (aka: monitor vs phone, lol) is a bright spot in my day. Especially – as others have noted – the opportunity to see beautiful blooms and warm landscapes when it’s freaking frigidly cold in my part of the world!

It has been unseasonably warm over here. It’s far better than the polar vortex the rest of the country is suffering, but it still points to something that’s not right. Around here we call it earthquake weather.

4. Kate says

Beautiful pictures, Jules. I hate “death by paper cut” weeks. Hope you can get the rest you need. I contact papered two cabinets and cleaned out my pantry/fridge/freezer this week based on your “little things” inspiration so maybe you can vicariously live through that? :)

Ha – guitarist nails! They take some getting used to.

You know I’m in the same place this week. Just reminding myself that it will pass and there is lots of good to be grateful for as well, even if I’m losing sight of it through my scratched and blurry eye.

Oh Jules, I’m sorry you’re having a rough time! And it seems like a fine time to tell you how much you inspire me. That minimalist tweet you sent out earlier today was amazing (of course I’ve since read half of the website – such great advice). I have really been working on decluttering and just I guess letting go of objects that don’t make me feel great (holding on to items because I should, or because I feel guilty about getting rid of it,, etc., etc.). I think a lot, if Jules can do it, so can I! (I think that about working out too, which I have recently started doing again). Thanks Jules, you are such a positive influence on my life! :) xo

Oh I had to laugh. His thumbnail was the first thing I noticed!!
    Hoping you are in brighter place today. I get so jealous of your sunny pictures as I sit here in Western PA in negative temperatures. It’s been the source of my screaming mimi fits in my house. But it’s suppose to be 26 degrees today and sunny- Woohoo! A heat wave! 😉