On the 21st of August, my grandmother turned 90 years old. Not too shabby, I say! Here is some trivia about the birthday girl.
- Her name is Rosinda, a Teutonic name that means famous warrior.
- Although her name is Germanic, she is Italian. Her parents immigrated to Argentina from Northern Italy in the early 1920s.(Shortly after World War I.)
- She had five pregnancies and six daughters. Her “last baby” ended up being twin girls.
- She has never been sick besides the usual seasonal illnesses, has never had surgery, takes no medication besides a multi-vitamin, and has never been hospitalized (except for giving birth).
- She lives alone.
- She is a whopping 4’10”.
- Her nicknames are Rosie, Bu, Mamá, Doña Rosie, and Peti, which is short for petisa–a slangish word for short. (See above.)
- She has yet to meet the Mister or our sons. 🙁
It is my one goal to get to Argentina soon. Please, God, soon!
¡Feliz Cumple, Bu!