Stuff Mikey Says, Vol. 7

On charity

“Mom, I’ve been thinking about it, and I think we should send poker tables to all the poor college students in Africa.”

::::::

On demographics

“Because you know how poor children in Africa don’t have toys? I’m sure the college students don’t have toys, either, and I think in college boys like to play poker.”

::::::

On economies of scale

“You know what, mom? Forget about the poker tables. I’ve been thinking about it, and the shipping costs will kill us.”

::::::

On weather

“I wish it was raining puppies.”

::::::

On health

“I feel better than a three-legged hippo! You probably have no idea what I’m talking about.”

::::::

On intellectual property

“I’m just working on my blue prints for the house of the future. […] Um, okay, but why do you want to see it? Are you planning to show it to the government?”

::::::

On civics

“Just because I’m too young to vote doesn’t mean I can’t say what I’m thinking.”

Comments
34 Responses to “Stuff Mikey Says, Vol. 7”
  1. Shelley says:

I wish it to rain puppies as well!

2. Wow, that last one is pretty amazing.

3. Kinda wishing I did know how a 3-legged hippo feels…

• Jules says:

I don’t get it. I guess because they have 3 legs they are kind of happy hopping?

• Panda says:

I was thinking that since he said he felt BETTER than a 3 legged hippo, that the hippo is sad because it has 3 legs, not 4? Or is it more along the lines of “I’m happier than a pig in sh** ” because pigs LIKE to wallow in mud? Ugh, to have a decoder ring for a child’s mind…and the entire make species for that matter.. :)

4. Kathryn says:

Those are fabulous! What a great kid.

5. Amy says:

You know, you just can’t be too careful with intellectual property. Seriously. :)

I do so love the words of Mikey!

6. Katie says:

Oh my gosh how funny!!! I love his thoughts on poker tables and African college students. Where did he get the idea that college boys play poker?

• Jules says:

I have NO IDEA. None. We don’t play poker! It came completely out of nowhere as we were leaving the school parking lot a few weeks ago. He ran through the entire idea out loud and in the end, as you can see, eliminated it for logistical reasons. ;)

7. Susan G says:

Somehow I don’t think he has too much trouble saying what he’s thinking. :) And we are ever so grateful for that!

• Jules says:

Mikey hasn’t denied anyone the honor (?) of hearing what he is thinking in the 8 years he’s been alive. Twice he was so mad at one of us that he said he wasn’t speaking to us ever again. He lasted less than 10 minutes.

• Susan G says:

LOL – I have one like that. She started talking way before her 2nd birthday and pretty much hasn’t stopped since. She’s 23. :)

8. Tristan B. says:

Oh, gosh, I have just started crying, each one more funny than the next! But I think this is my fave:

On health

hah!

9. Heather says:

Without a doubt…my favorite posts of yours to read! Thanks for sharing. :)

10. Cathy Kost says:

Stuff the boys say posts are my very favorite!

11. Haha! The shipping costs WOULD kill you.

12. Anna says:

Every thing he says is well said! :-D :-D

13. Jasi says:

Haha! Very funny kid.
    I love the way children’s minds work. When my children say something strange I love asking them more about it. Usually, it’s very logical thinking that got them there in the first place. Funny stuff!

• Jules says:

Oh yes! I so agree! I always question him on everything (random) he says, and it’s always rooted in logic. Bizarre, nonsensical kid logic, but logic nonetheless.

14. Nicole says:

“the shipping costs will kill us” – love it!

15. Rebe says:

I love this – very smart kid you have on your hands!

On another note: did you see your blog is in the “Home Blogs We Love” list in the Young House Love book? I found some other new to me blogs but was happy to see some of my favorites! :-)

16. AmyLovesTeal says:

He had me at 3-legged hippo!

17. Erin says:

Haha! So funny…and so wise!

18. May says:

Curse the generation gap! I can’t believe he thinks the older generation is too uncool to understand the concept of the three-legged hippo!

19. Kelly says:

Your boys are adorable! I’m new here, and so far I think these are my favourite posts! :)