In July you will turn 10 years old. I think you deserve a party. Not just because you’ll be 70 in dog years (!), although it is a pretty big deal. Really, it’s because you’re awesome. Some things that make us all love you so much include, but are not limited to the following:
- You never act up when we don’t take you on walks, which we rarely do these days.
- You think a simple walk up and down the street is just peachy.
- You allow the boys to pull your ears, chase you around the house, and use your back as a rocky battle field for their Star Wars figures.
- You actually enjoy having your ears pulled, chased around the house, and being used as landscape.
- You make sweeping up the floors after breakfast, snack time, lunch, and dinner completely unnecessary.
- You have velvet lily pad ears.
- You took to your brother from another mother, Buster, like a champ 9 years ago–and he was a bag of nuts back then.
- You have a quintessential Beagle howl that is top notch. Operatic, really.
- You form your lips into a perfect O when you howl, and it’s super cute.
- You only howl when a stranger crosses in front of the house. Everyone, especially the neighbors, appreciates your restraint.
- You are not too big, not too small.
- You wear your new gray hairs better than I do.
- You didn’t mind in the least when I woke you up (unintentionally) from your morning nap to take this picture.
- You are perfect, except for the farting.
Be ready, Buddy, because I already have a little party in the works. Nothing big, of course, but I will warn you now and tell you that Mikey is in charge of decorations.
p.s. No more getting older, okay?