News!

8276865268_7c602fe039_b

So, hey. I’m sick! I’m miserable! Today may be the day I do that “walk to the end of the driveway and call it good” walk I’ve been saving and projects and posts for the rest of the week look unlikely. Ugh. But I have news. Specifically, tickets went on sale for our next Craft Cabinet event! Brenda Ponnay is teaching water color. So excited! It’s a technique I’ve always wanted to learn, and I’m still going to try it even though I have zero artistic ability. I can’t draw well, but I can at least listen to what she has to say about mixing and blending colors and use that in projects that take advantage of my ruler-wielding ways. Plus, friends! I get to meet friends!

watercolor, 2

watercolor, 1

We’ll be supplying all the food, drinks, and supplies, so it’s a pretty good deal. You can also bring your own craft, too, of course. We’re easy that way.

You can find out more about tickets here and more about Brenda here.

Comments

Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well! Take good care of yourself, and hopefully tomorrow will be better!

That sounds like a fun Craft Cabinet! I wish I lived out there so I could go – even though I have a feeling I’m even worse than you when it comes to anything artistic. 😉

2. Susan G says

It’s a GREAT deal. I’ve already whined on Andrea’s blog, but I’ll do it here too. :) If I could only get such a great deal on a plane ticket!

So caught up in my self-pity I forgot to say – feel better!

Oh how I wish I could go. I’ve always wanted to take a watercolor class! Feel better! this has been the worst season for illness that I can recall in a long long while. I had a monster cold in the fall, and just got over another monster cold. ALL DONE with the sickies!

Brenda is awesome! I’m bummed that I’m not going to be able to make it this time. My job is currently super stressful and I’m working late on Fridays to finish our new weekly magazine. Hopefully things will mellow out in a month or two so I can make it to the next one. Drink some wine for me!

I always think these sound like fun–this one, especially. Although, I’m not sure I would want to try my hand at any sort of art in the company of strangers (especially those with blogs that are so very lovely). Yikes.

In other news, hope you’re feeling better soon. And a happy Easter weekend to you . . .

HOORAY! I’ve Read SAJ – Brenda’s blog for years! It’s cool to see two of my bloggy “friends” together in one place.
    Like you, Brenda is super talented and creative! And like you, her child is adorable!
    Sometimes I wish I lived in CA, instead of Northwest Indiana…{sigh}