This might be one of my biggest projects yet, and I don’t even have to move from my chair. I spent two hours last night cleaning up my pinterest boards. I went from 156 to 104 boards. That’s a decrease of 33.33%. Not bad! I would love to get under 100 boards, but that’s impossible since I haven’t moved over my boards from the library account I started a couple of months ago.
Yes, I started the library account because my original account was too cluttered for me to find anything. Heaven forbid I just clean out the cluttered account! At least now I can say that I’ve taken steps to having a pinterest account that won’t give me a nervous breakdown.
Things I’m doing to clean up my Pinterest space:
- Deleting all boards with only 1 or 2 pins
- Deleting all boards that are no longer relevant, like boards on specific books I’ve read
- Deleting all recipe boards that include ingredients I no longer eat, like chicken
- Deleting inspiration boards for rooms/trips/designs that are no longer relevant (I no longer need a laundry room board, for example)
- Giving all boards heading and sub-heading
- Alphabetizing all boards
I’m still working on all bullet items, especially the last two. Alphabetizing boards takes forever! You have to move them around with your mouse because pinterest isn’t enough of a time-suck as it is, I guess. I want to see a button that says “ALPHABETIZE BOARDS” and then be done. I’ll pin that under “In My Dreams.”