My name is Jules Kendall and I’m a details woman. That doesn’t mean I’m happy all the time, despite what William Morris says. He’s simplifying the happiness concept just a bit. I’m happy more than I’m not, and that’s good enough for me.
Here are a few things that make me happy. I’ve limited the list to big things because saying that I’m happy when I find $5 in a pair freshly washed jeans is practically cheating and says nothing about me, the person who’s blog you’re taking time out of your day to read. I have yet to meet someone despondent over finding cash. I mean, honestly.
So, without further ado, here’s my “happy” list.
- My husband and our two sons
- Our cockatiel, Buttercup
- Being in my 40s–seriously, best decade yet
- Falling in love with a book
- Clementine season
- My volunteer work as a librarian
- Turning kids on to reading
- Being Catholic
- The practice of law (former life)
- Body image struggles, my own included
- Clutter and messes
- Being late
- Root beer–I can’t imagine any flavor more vulgar